Emily's graduation May 21, 2006. I flew to Virginia to help Em move into her apartment in Williamsburg. Then we drove up to Gettysburg, met up with Rob and Claire, and went out to Gabor Boritt's farm. We sat out by their beautiful lake and talked about dad with Gabor and Liz... Then Nancy joined us for graduation, which was outside Penn Hall on a gorgeous windy day (which explains my hair).

During the ceremony I got a call saying Claire's flight had been cancelled, so we leaped into action; Rob went to help Em pack up her car, Nancy and I rushed Claire to BWI to catch a train, Rob and Em drove down to Wburg, Claire caught another flight (long story), Nancy and I visited with Judith (see previous post), and drove back to Gburg.
A complex, confusing, and thoroughly wonderful and inspiring weekend. And it didn't feel like dad was very far away from it all...
No comments:
Post a Comment