Thursday, June 15, 2006

Emily Hummel in Colonial Williamsburg


Here is Miss Emily in her first day as "Orientation Interpreter." A little blurry, but that adds to the mystery, methinks. The most often asked question of the day apparently was, "Could you tell me where Mr. Jefferson is?" And Em's answer was, "Why, madam, I believe he is right behind you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you mean this mr. jefferson?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Jefferson

how long is em planning to be there?
I will definitely try and go next time I am in VA. does she do any interpretive dance? I hope we can see more!

emily said...

I should add the second most commonly asked question was:

"I have an appointment with Mr. Jefferson. Where can I find him?"

Oh, history people.

Anne Hummel said...

Or the congressman who had the bribe money in his fridge????

Rob Hummel said...

Emily is full time... So she'll be there a while, unless they find her bribes in the freezer!
I just love this picture, and I agree that it looks mysterious!

Now as for this Jeferson guy, was he stalking the tourists, and that's why he was always behind them?