
Awesome dinner at Scoma's on Fisherman's Wharf last night - a nice walk from our hotel. This morning we grabbed a Cable Car and rode it to the Cable Car Museum and barn. What fun - Andy loved it.
Then we strolled down into Chinatown - what a different world. After lunch, we headed for Ghirardelli Square - the only other time that I have been there was with Anne just after she graduated from college on our drive from Humboldt to Laguna. I sure wish I had visited there before my eating habits were changed!
Off to the Hyde Street Pier to tour some ships. A tug boat, a car ferry and an old British cargo ship. While on the cargo ship, Andy noticed a man playing sea-faring music on a small, hand-held accordian - the kind that is octagonal shaped. He asked the tour guide that if a ship Captain was annoyed by the music (which apparently Andy was) could the Captain shoot him? Everyone's a critic!We ended the day with a tour of the USS Pampanito - a WWII submarine. Way cool. Had another remarkable dinner at McCormick & something (not Schmick) with an unbelievable view at Ghirardelli Square.
Andy has been intrigued by the street performers. His favorite was a guy with two large branches. He pretended to be a bush and would jump out at people. Who doesn't love a good startle?
3 comments:
tell andy that captains can do whatever they want - except they have to navigate without the benefit of GPS... arrrrrrr.
keep the posts coming. I love it. I think you wrote that you were going to be in Sacramento - be sure to give matt K a call. I think he needs quarters for laundry.
T, Maybe someday we can re-create that driving trip from Arcata to Laguna.... Fun fun fun!
I'm a little offended that Andy is not a big accordian lover (my fantasy instrument...) and think I may have to send him some sea shanty downloads for his ipod...
Love to you all. -A
San Francisco is such a great city. Bring some chocolate home for the rest of us!
Post a Comment