Saturday, July 03, 2010

Frances in the kitchen

[click on photo to enlarge]

Since my last post was about grandpa, I thought I'd give grandma her turn in the spotlight.  I love this photo. She seems to be in deep contemplation of that bird.  The platter is ready at hand.  As are the half-filled glass milk bottle, the upside down can of "Butter Kernel Succotash," strawberry jam, some potatoes on the windowsill.  I'm sure the orange rolls are in the oven.  I tried to make out the year on the "Lindy's" calendar but couldn't.  It's November, so chances are pretty good this is Thanksgiving.  I love that she's got her good jewelry on.  Along with an inside-out apron.  Perhaps she's thinking - all this work and it will be over so fast.  Anyway, I love this little quiet moment in time.

1 comment:

emily said...

November 1943 & 1954 & 1965 had that arrangement of days - does that help?