Monday, May 12, 2008

graduations (assorted)

Emily here, reporting from our great Federal City, Washington DC.

So I'm not sure if everyone has heard, but I'm going to be joining Jacqui Kemp at American University this Fall. She has two years left, and my program (MA, Public History) is two years, so this is letting everyone know now that not one but two members of the extended Kemp family will be graduating May of 2010 in DC.  Also, Amanda Donahue will be graduating from the University of San Francisco in 2010 as well!  

It will be a busy, busy month -- make your plans now-- though I ask that your priorities be the undergraduate graduations! 

In the closer future (approx. 2 weeks), sister Claire & cousins Thomas & Patrick Donahue are all graduating this year, Claire from the Rhode Island School of Design, Thomas from University High, headed to Orange Coast College, and Patrick from Chapman University.  That's just on the Tom Kemp side.  Branching out, we've got Jennifer Nolan graduating from Holy Child, headed for Wake Forest (I think).  Phew!

It has become clear that because of this, perhaps, I might possibly be a grown-up, as I am officially in complete shock that everyone is already graduating.  Wasn't I just in college two seconds ago?  (Answer: Not really, no.)

Congrats to all of our graduates this year -- I'm so excited for you!  

p.s. congrats to Andy Kemp too, who's graduating from 5th grade and off to jr. high! :) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Em for all the important graduation news. Congrats to all! It doesn't seem possible that so many are happening. Wasn't I just graduating from 'SC?! ('91) Yikes!