
Today on the OpinionJournal, John Fund writes about the 50th Anniversary of the Hungarian Revolution. He quotes James Michener as saying, "It was at that moment many Americans fully grasped the evil of Communism."
This of course reminded me of Jake Boritt's project. I haven’t heard an update from Jake in a while, but assume he is nearing completion. Does anyone know how it is going? The preview is on YouTube.
I also remember the event that uncle Tom and Jack hosted in
We just got back from Hungary yesterday - the US Embassy screened the film at 4 cities around Hungary. The film is not 100 % finished. I am actually reediting some sections right now. But we didn't want to miss the opportunity to screen in Hungary during the 50th anniversary nor pass up the Embassy invite. It went very well. The Oct. 23 celebrations were marred by the riots - my dad and I actually got caught in the middle of some of the action - tear gas, rubber bullets and molotov cocktails. I filmed it so that may now have to be cut into the film. All in all it was very interesting.
I am planning on writing an update on the project shortly - I'll email to you and post it on the website. Finsihing the film and the Hungary trip has kept me very busy. Still have some funraising to do to complete the last stages of the film.
Jack was planning to host another fundraising party - in November in DC at the Hungarian Embassy -though the original date was changed and I haven't heard the new date yet. I'll keep you posted.
I still miss Tom a lot - miss conversations with him - he was planning on coming to Hungary for this past trip. I'm sure he was there in spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment